Monday, November 7, 2011

It's done.

I'm actually finished. On October 19th I posted that I had 7 days until I finished my book. 7 Days from then, I did indeed finish my book. Keyword, book. Story? Nope. In order for the story to be completely finished, I needed to read through it, fix some silly mistakes, make some changes, and make it better in general. And when I got to the end of the story, I ended up changing it drastically. I'm not going to spoil anything, but there's so much emotion added to the finish in such a simple and straightforward end that it really makes the first book finish with a bang. And begging for the next.

November 7th, what a coincidence. My lucky number again. I didn't even plan this, I swear! I just worked hard and worked fast, and now I'm sitting here, almost 5 years later from when I started Helljumper, and it's done. Completely done. Although not officially done, because I need an editor to go through it. November 7th and I've done my part. I've finished Helljumper: Lunar Void. You as a reader have no clue how it feels to be sitting in my position right now, unless of course you're a writer yourself. So much happiness is swelling up inside of me right now. I want so freaking badly for my book to be published right this very moment so people can start reading it. I want people to enjoy the epic story that came from my own creative world built on real friendships and fantasy dreams/nightmares. But, as every author does, I must wait, and pray. Pray hard that an agent replies to my query letter, which I have sent to 3 already.

Now, I would like to take this time to thank everyone, friends and family alike, for believing in me during these long 5 years. I know with some there's been ups and downs, but it'll all be smooth sailing from now on, I hope. I would like to especially thank my mom for getting me into reading and writing; without that, I wouldn't have even started writing to begin with. I would also like to thank the following 10 people for letting me use your names and personalities for characters in my book: Darryl C., Derek N., Ivan C., Michelle T., Devin C., Mark W., Leena Y., Iniego P., Westley C., and Adan E..
But most importantly, I would like to thank my three cousins whom I started playing the Halo series with, which served as my greatest inspiration and the key to beginning my novel trilogy. Thank you so very much Jason (R.I.P. Cuz, you'll always be in my heart), Jordan, and Giovanni. Without you guys, I would never have gotten to where I am. I owe you everything.

And that's it for this moment in time. I will keep people tuned with what's going on (business-wise) with my book up until the very moment I get signed. And I know I will, because I've worked hard for it. I deserve it, and my story is good enough to be told.


Michel
~

No comments:

Post a Comment